SJMaylee

S.J. Maylee

S. J. Maylee fell in love with storytelling at a young age and with it came a deep-seated desire for everyone to find their happily ever after. She’s finding the happy endings for her characters one steamy story at a time. When she’s not reading or writing, you can find her caring for her garden, laughing with her two young sons, or dancing to her husband’s music. She’s a PMP (Project Management Professional), Nia instructor, and coffee addict. As a writer she has a tendency to break hearts, but she always glues them back together.

Writing Love: Screenwriting Tricks for Authors II
Alexandra Sokoloff
Dangerous Grounds (Seattle Steam, #1) - Shelli Stevens I liked this book overall. The heat was wonderful. The plot paced well, only a few pieces felt forced. My real problems arose with the heroine. At one point she showers and gets herself ready in a very short amount of time and leaves with her hair still wet. I was left thinking she was low maintence, but later in the story she gets worried because the hero rushes her to get ready and she doesn't even get a chance to put make-up on. Now, I totally understand her worry, I get that, but not this girl, I'm confused. At the begining of the story the heroine seduces the hero, and puts on this whole show but then later is referred to as very conservative, sure the two can exist in one person, but it left me confused. Then in the end (NO spoilers) I was left feeling the plot was not totally finished. The heroine didn't resolve all her issues.

Outside of a few confusing sentences and at least one missing scene at the end, I liked the book. I also like the heroine the author has picked for the next book in the series. She was plucked from the this book and I think it was a good choice. I will mostly likely read at least one more from Shelli Stevens.