SJMaylee

S.J. Maylee

S. J. Maylee fell in love with storytelling at a young age and with it came a deep-seated desire for everyone to find their happily ever after. She’s finding the happy endings for her characters one steamy story at a time. When she’s not reading or writing, you can find her caring for her garden, laughing with her two young sons, or dancing to her husband’s music. She’s a PMP (Project Management Professional), Nia instructor, and coffee addict. As a writer she has a tendency to break hearts, but she always glues them back together.

Writing Love: Screenwriting Tricks for Authors II
Alexandra Sokoloff
Until There Was You (Coming Home, #2) - Jessica Scott This book is filled with flawed characters in a conflict filled story. The struggles for each character are tremendous, but there are tender moments woven into this story that will steal your breath. At one point Claire has this thought: He couldn't love her. He loved the woman he thought she was. <--ouch. The story definitely has the characters facing their worst nightmares and shows how the hero/heroine are finally able to get past their hurts and choose to move forward. there are a handful of sexy love scenes that I really enjoyed. The story deals with some terrifying realities in the life of the armed forces.
Their story begins sweetly with a kiss before deployment, but then the story jumps to after their return home, where the sweetness of that first kiss is all but forgotten. They each have problems with how the other handled somethings overseas. The quick jump in a few pages from the sweet first kiss, to leaving, to returning home, and now the total dislike was quick. But before long I was up to speed and fully back into the story.
I long to read more on the side characters of the first book and I hope Jessica gives us more of the side characters from this book. I'm sure she has a plan and I will most certainly be reading more from her.