SJMaylee

S.J. Maylee

S. J. Maylee fell in love with storytelling at a young age and with it came a deep-seated desire for everyone to find their happily ever after. She’s finding the happy endings for her characters one steamy story at a time. When she’s not reading or writing, you can find her caring for her garden, laughing with her two young sons, or dancing to her husband’s music. She’s a PMP (Project Management Professional), Nia instructor, and coffee addict. As a writer she has a tendency to break hearts, but she always glues them back together.

Writing Love: Screenwriting Tricks for Authors II
Alexandra Sokoloff
The Cat's Meow - Stacey Kennedy Such a fun read. Stacey created fabulous characters in this book. They each draw you in for a page turning read. First there is Libby, she's such a smart ass and gosh I love her, and then there is Kale, the mysterious tempting warlock. There is also the best friend, Peyton. At one point she says to Libby, "Responsibility first." Peyton snickered. "Sexual fantasies later." Yes, these girls are fun and they both tug at your heart when they get into trouble.
There is tons of mystery surrounding Kale and the evil brewing in Charleston. It's incredibly entertaining to watch Libby, in all her sass, rise to the challenge. However, The last thing Libby ever wanted was to have another warlock in her life and now her life may depend on trusting one. When Kale can't tell Libby the truth he pushes her in a different way and points out, "But your body trusts me, doesn't it?" Oh, he's a wicked warlock and I love him too.
The end is completely satisfying and a page turning joy to read. Stacey has weaved a great book here and I'm very much looking forward to the next in this series.

note from S. J. : I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest and fair review.