SJMaylee

S.J. Maylee

S. J. Maylee fell in love with storytelling at a young age and with it came a deep-seated desire for everyone to find their happily ever after. She’s finding the happy endings for her characters one steamy story at a time. When she’s not reading or writing, you can find her caring for her garden, laughing with her two young sons, or dancing to her husband’s music. She’s a PMP (Project Management Professional), Nia instructor, and coffee addict. As a writer she has a tendency to break hearts, but she always glues them back together.

Writing Love: Screenwriting Tricks for Authors II
Alexandra Sokoloff
I Do . . . or Die - Donna Cummings This book was a whole lot of fun. It made me laugh and at the end I had tears in my eyes. The banter between Shelby and Ryan is highly entertaining. Even when the two are in the middle of page turning danger, Shelby had me giggling. Oh, and I can't forget to mention the back and forth with Ryan's cat. Funny stuff.

Donna's writing style is clever and enchanting. It simply put me in a good mood. I highlighted many sections that I wanted to remember, so it's hard for me to pick just one quote. Okay, here's one thought from Shelby:

Why was he affecting me so much? It felt like I'd gotten stuck in the middle of my lust cycle, one I didn't even know I had. Was it because of the wedding, or because of the bullets?

Only Shelby could have a conundrum like that, lol. Shelby's plan may be simple, but now she's brought her heart into the mix. Nothing is going to be the same. So much fun. I highly recommend I Do... or Die to anyone who enjoys Contemporary Romance.