SJMaylee

S.J. Maylee

S. J. Maylee fell in love with storytelling at a young age and with it came a deep-seated desire for everyone to find their happily ever after. She’s finding the happy endings for her characters one steamy story at a time. When she’s not reading or writing, you can find her caring for her garden, laughing with her two young sons, or dancing to her husband’s music. She’s a PMP (Project Management Professional), Nia instructor, and coffee addict. As a writer she has a tendency to break hearts, but she always glues them back together.

Writing Love: Screenwriting Tricks for Authors II
Alexandra Sokoloff

Liv's Journey: The Journey Series, Book One

Liv's Journey: The Journey Series, Book One - Patricia Green This book caught by attention recently and I grabbed at the chance to review it. It captured my interest from the first sentence. Patricia doesn’t make you wait before she brings in some heat. It’s a quick read, but there is a story here. Liv has been a model for some time, but has recently given up the weight restrictions for the normalcy of plus sized modeling. Liv can eat like a normal person now, but the issues of weight linger everywhere. I could sympathize with Liz, she has a hard time feeling confident with her body. Trey doesn’t understand of course, her body’s beautiful, but he helps her with a delicious spanking. Trey is a wonderful leading man. He’s strong in his convictions and he doesn’t back down when Liv pushes his buttons.

There all kinds of spanking scenes, plenty of heat between Liv and Trey and a couple of side stories to fill out this book with intrigue. Trey and his brothers run a BDSM boot camp, but here you’ll find some good D/s and spankings. I mentioned that, right? Yes, some fabulous spankings. I frowned to see alcohol was allowed at the boot camp and it didn’t seem restrictive. But Liv is smart and puts the one-drink limit on herself, thank goodness.

I enjoyed this story and it was hard to put down. The majority of the scenes read very quickly. In looking at my rating system definitions I couldn’t decide between a 4 or 5, so this is a very solid 4.5. I recommend you read this book. I will most definitely be reading the next book in this series.

Liv’s Journey was provided to me for an honest and fair review